Monday, March 1, 2010

Getting ready for Palau

8 days from now, God willing, darling hubby and I will be on a plane bound for Houston, Texas. We overnight in Texas and then begin our long treck westward on Wednesday morning, March 10. We fly from Houston to Honolulu, Honolulu to Guam, Guam to Yap, and Yap to Koror. We leave at 9 a.m. Wednesday and arrive at 10:20 p.m. local time in Palau on Thursday. I still can't wrap my mind around the whole international date-line thing--I'm just glad we'll be getting there!
And my schedule is pretty nuts in the next 8 days. I'm making sure to get in my yoga practices because it keeps me focused and more calm. Which is a good thing. Next Monday, I am honored to be welcoming the Anglican Bishop of The Diocese of Central Tanganika to our home for a luncheon for him to tell some local folks about the Carpenter's Kids program. I'll write more about that later.
In the meantime, It's off to dinner with the wonderful couple who will be tending to our home and the little reds while we're in Palau. God bless folks who are willing to help us so that we can take time off together and be adventurous. I promise to repay this favor when people need me to...
And, of course, this Sunday night is THE OSCARS!!!
I'll post my pics later this week.
In the meantime, if you haven't seen the documentary "The Cove," see it. Heartbreaking but also powerful. People who want to change the world for the good change my world. And make it better. And make me want to work harder.
Love, love, love,
RevMutha

2 comments:

Todd Bedo said...

Wow! Your trip sounds like is going to be/ was amazing! Im going to be watching to hear about it :)
Oh and I saw "The Cove" a couple months ago and it really opened my eyes to things I didnt know people were capable of! I mean you hear stuff about it all the time but that documentary REALLY puts it into perspective..

blog said...

PowerPoint The new year move a Microsoft Office 2010 Key quit area table furthermore additional a partitioning element, customers can slide wall space identified, but also to perform the many 35mm slides in the entire spot.Expression The year 2010 offers a choice of fresh and also enhanced Office 2010 methods that permit you to design professionals and also showcase vital articles.Word far more snap shots as well as word results, several attractive side effects does apply for you to text photos, Office 2010 Key maps as well as SmartArt artwork design. Microsoft Office 2010