Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sabbatical

Tomorrow begins my two month sabbatical.
Thank you, Jesus.
I am so very, very ready.
I've finally made my Big Plan!
Here it is:
10 days, by myself, in Italy.
While my daughters are away at camp for two weeks, I will be taking a week-long cooking class in Tuscany (actually on the island of Elba) and then spending three nights in the beautiful walled city of Lucca where they produce world famous olive oil.
I'll be renting a little car and I'm picturing myself zipping along the beautiful west coast.
But today, I need to focus on getting through the "before I go" list.
I've got to change the message on my voice mail.
Finish the contingency plans for the wardens.
Preside at the Wednesday noon Eucharist.
And pray that, once I leave this office this afternoon, I'm able to let it go for 8 weeks and trust that all shall be well.
I hope everyone who reads this is able to make some sabbath time this summer.
For God's sake!
Because if God really did create us for companionship, we need to follow Jesus' example and go away and spend time with God.
I'm just sayin'.
Peace,
RevMutha

2 comments:

St. Casserole said...

I've had you on my mind so I wandered over. Your plans sound lovely!

I'm late praying for traveling mercies for you so I'll begin NOW.

Susan O said...

I hope it was wonderful.