Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer

I'll continue the "Start of Summer" tag cause, hey, after all, it's June 1!

1)What first tells you that summer is here?
Usually the calendar and Memorial Day Weekend on account of living in upstate, NY we can still have frost (which we did) even after Memorial Day--but it feels different. Also, seein' people out working in their yards and putting in flowers makes me feel like summer is here. I actually planted tomatoes this week!

2)Name five of your distinctly summer habits or customs
Cooking with lots of fresh herbs
Wearing cute cropped pants with my sleeveless clerical shirts
Eating dinner outside on the back deck of my house
"Mass on the Grass" with another congregation followed by a big picnic
August Family Reunion at Pompanuck


3)What's your favorite smell of summer?
Freshly mown grass

4)What's your favorite taste of summer?
Icy cold watermelon
Bacon, Lettuce, and Fresh Tomato Sandwich
Grilled corn on the cob

5)Favorite summer memory?
as a kid: going to Dauphin Island or Gulf Shores
as an adult: watching my kids swim in the pond at Pompanuck, picking fresh vegetables out of the gardens and creating food of love!

6)Extreme heat or extreme cold, which would you choose and why? I kind of already did choose when I moved to upstate, NY. I can usually find another sweater or blanket but when you're hot you can just get down to nekkid. I'm just sayin'...

No comments: