Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sports Rehab, mole, living yoga

This afternoon I'll see the sports rehab chick for the first time. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'm most concerned about the time component but all shall be well.
The little reds started school again--we almost missed the bus yesterday and completely missed the "first day of school" photo ops...so this morning I took the camera out and got pics. Little reds said "But Mom, it's not the first day of school!" I said "It's within 24 hours, it counts." Bus driver was laughing. Laughing hard. I just smiled sweetly.
I was not smiling so sweetly on Saturday, at least not for the first 6 hours of making the mole. Rick Bayless may be this amazing zen Mexican chef but, lemme tell you, the man has LOTS of assistants. Making mole by myself, in retrospect, was a good measure of my own personal fortitude and stubbornness. But what the hell was I thinking? It took me 9 hours, not counting the hours shopping and calling to find ingredients. Making this sauce (and you can google the recipe: Rick Bayless' braised turkey in red mole" is not for the faint of heart. The end product, however, is slap yo mama good. Seriously. And it's getting better. Complex, rich, dark, sexy...a real palate pleaser. I'll make it again but with some different kitchen equipment. (And I have enmity in my heart for my blender. It sucks. Food processor worked much butter for the pureeing steps...)
I have joined living yoga. I'm going to try to re-work my schedule so that I can attend at least 3-4 classes a week. It won't be easy. During this first week of school, either my beloved hubby or I have had meetings every night. The first time the family will be able to sit down for dinner together is Saturday. This is not right. But little reds love their teachers. I'll meet them tonight at curriculum night. It's tough not being able to bi-locate since 4th and 5th grade curriculum nights take place on the same night, but I manage. And Dad was on-call last night so he'll be with little reds tonight. I have incredible compassion for single parents. I don't see how they do it.
So yoga either tomorrow at 6 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. Then a Saturday morning class. I'm teaching a class at a Spirituality Fair on Saturday--"Making and Praying the Anglican Rosary" and then will officiate at a wedding at 4 p.m.
Time to get ready for the day. Breathe and be open. That's my intention.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: