Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Achieving my fitness goal

Well, gentle readers, I've done it!
I ran the Lilac 5k course last night without stopping or dying. I ran it in 35 minutes, 50 seconds. The folks in my training class were give the opportunity to run it with one of the Medved runners who coaches us on Saturday mornings. A big number of runners participated. I was in the intermediate group. A number of people started out pretty quickly and then slowed down. I think I kept a pretty steady pace throughout the run. I sprinted at the end, which is a bit of a challenge because the course ends going up a hill. But it felt great to know that I have run the course and have done what I set out to do. Beloved step-daughter Rachel has asked me about my next fitness goal. Well, first I want to run the official 5k on May 17. There are some other 5ks that are taking place this summer that I might enter. I also want to set up a running group for General Convention in Anaheim this summer. Beyond that, I don't know! I think my goal for a while will just be running at least 3 miles 3-4 times a week. I don't know if I want to bump it up and try to do a 10k or not...I'll just see how things go.
Life is good. I'm off to Albany today for a pre General Convention Province II synod meeting. Hopefully the meeting will be inspirational. Prayers, please.
Peace,
RevMutha

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Those goals sound good to me! Not sure if I told you this, but I read that it's a good idea to make 3 time goals for yourself before every race. Make a really easy one that you know you can do, but would ultimately be happy with. Make a goal that is slightly more difficult, but you think would be possible on a good day. Then make a more lofty goal that would be possible if all the stars aligned and things went as well as they possibly could. You can tell other people the first 2 goal times, but keep the 3rd to yourself :) Counting down the days til our first time running together!
Have a good time in Albany...still can't believe I'm missing you by a few hours.

St. Casserole said...

Congratulations! This is great! YOU are great!