Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lut-Episcs

January is a good time to retreat.
I guess.
Because today begins the Lutheran-Episcopal Pre-Lenten retreat for the pastors-priests in our area of upstate, NY.
I nicknamed it "Lut-episcs" which I thought was really clever.
We're only together for 2 days but it is time well spent because we are joined by a professor from a seminary or divinity school who basically outlines the Lenten readings and gives us ideas for sermons (or homilies, depending on who's describing it.)
I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Here's a random fact from "Thinning the Herd"
"In any given year, fifteen times as many people are killed by falling coconuts than by sharks."

I don't plan on encountering sharks or coconuts on the retreat, so I should be okay.

Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Susan O said...

lutepiscs is particularly appropos for your swedish lutherans...or was it just my sick swedish family that had the lutefisk stuff?

i will avoid coconuts at all costs.

and we were supposed to remind you that you're old enough for revgals now.