Saturday, October 6, 2007

Heading to the Windy City

Heading out to The Windy City for the marathon.
Lest you think for one minute that I'm running the marathon, well, trust me, that ain't happnin.' My philosophy on running is that it's wonderful for others. On the outside chance that each of us is allocated a certain number of steps on this earth, I decided some time ago that I don't want to waste any of mine running. Of course there are exceptions. Like maybe an explosion.
My beautiful step-daughter, however, took up running when she was in middle school and she is simply amazing. She is now a college senior and this is her first marathon. I will be cheering her on and receiving regular text messages on my cell phone updating me on her location throughout the marathon course. So let's keep all of the 40,000 runners in our prayers this weekend, as well as the million people who will be in downtown Chicago supporting them.
Maybe I'll see Oprah!
Keepin' my laces tied tight!
Rev Mutha

No comments: