Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pie

I went to a small restaurant in a tiny Midwest town. I had been having some anxious moments driving through cornfields (well, I wasn't actually driving THROUGH cornfields--I was driving on a highway with cornfields all around. I couldn't believe how flat it was!) I realized that I am definitely an urban-dweller. Anyway, lemme just say: the pie in that part of the country was amazing. Beyond good. Heavenly.
Strawberry-rhubarb, banana cream, coconut cream, french silk, toll house, peanut-butter chocolate ribbon, triple-berry, apple caramel, lemon meringue, and the list went on. I am not usually a desert orderer. I am, however, a desert sharer. Being like many Southern women, I just need a taste of something sweet after a meal--I don't need a whole desert for myself. The pie at this restaurant was so good that for about 4 minutes I weighed out the pros and cons of moving out of a city in the Northeast and to a tiny town in the Midwest.
I think instead I just need to cultivate some friendships with excellent pie-makers who are willing to share recipes.
Anybody out there?
Waiting with fork in hand and glass of milk the ready...
RevMutha

1 comment:

PPB said...

Pie. The difference between okay pie and heavenly pie is HUGE---and generally about 500 miles. Now I'm hungry.