Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jesus Bandaids

I love tacky religious stuff. In my office, I have the complete "Wash Away Your Sins" bath and body collection. I have nuns in snow globes, Nunzillas, Miracle-Eyed Jesus, G-Force Jesus, Angel Snot, the gold-fringe pillow with the Last Supper picture on the front that plays "Hey Jude", Last Supper After Dinner mints, tacky lamps, tacky statuary (and some beautiful statuary but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and lots of other treasures that help me not to take myself too seriously.
However, I gotta say, my Jesus Bandaids have a special place in my heart. Every time I get a paper cut, I have a few moments of discernment where I have to decide "Is this truly a serious enough injury to warrant using a Jesus bandaid or would a Garfield bandaid work? I absolutely believe that my Jesus bandaids have special healing powers and I don't want to waste them on superficial cuts/burns/scrapes.
I'm just sayin.
Peace and health,
Rev Mutha

1 comment:

St. Casserole said...

Jesus bandaids ARE comforting...

I know what you mean.