Sunday, October 7, 2007

Marathon Day!

So, we're about to head over to Grant Park to check beautiful step-daughter (BSD) in for the marathon! We enjoyed being in downtown Chicago last night--lots of healthy people around. I held in my stomach and attempted to look athletic but there is no way that one can fake the marathon runner look.
Before we came to the hotel, we went to an awesome grocery store to pick up snacks. The store was in one of Chicago's ethnic neighborhoods (spanish-speaking) and I ended up having a fantastic time shopping for spices. Dried hibiscus for tea! Every kind of chile I could imagine! And, of course, the votive saint candles. I decided to play it safe and just get the Sacred Heart of Jesus candle. Here's the prayer:
Oh Sacred Heart of Jesus, filled with infinite love, broken by my ingratitude, pierced by my sins, and yet, loving me still, relying on thy promise of infinite charity when you said, "Come to me, all you that labor and are burdened and I will refresh you." I come to thee and in the lowliness of my heart earnestly beg thee to grant me your loving help. Amen. (And then it says underneath that "Make your partition." Not "petition" It says "Partition."
So my partition is that a good time is had by all.
More after the marathon!
Happy running,
RevMutha

No comments: