Monday, February 4, 2008

Singhing a New Song!

We've elected a new bishop for the Episcopal Diocese of Rochester! The Rev. Dr. Prince Singh! And I really couldn't be happier. Prince, my bishop-elect exudes joy. He will be an amazing bishop. Whoooooeeeeeee! I was so impressed by Prince at the walkabouts and was trying to figure out how to campaign for him without campaigning for him. I decided that the best thing to do was be honest about how he had impressed me and trust that the Spirit would do Her job and if Prince was meant to be our bishop, then he would be elected. And he was. On the second ballot. Booyahhh!
Sock update:
It's going really well. I've knit about 5 inches. Julie looked at it between ballots on Saturday and said I'm doing a great job. I told my worship committee at church that knitting socks will be my Lenten discipline (in addition to giving up alcohol and my beloved Rock Star energy drinks) and I had lots of offers to help me when it's time to Turn The Heel. Just the way people said "Turn The Heel" made me nervous. I think it's gonna be a challenge.
But hey, I'm usually up for a challenge.
Peace,
RevMutha
p.s. Laissez les bon temps roulez!
p.p.s. How 'bout them Giants!

No comments: