Friday, February 1, 2008

The Sock--Day 3

So, Julie (knitting fiend and dear friend) was, from my description, able to diagnose my knitting problem and tell me how to fix it. I needed to keep the yarn forward and to the left of the needle (I'm right-handed--that's a disclaimer in case anyone who actually doesn't knit and is left-handed is now inspired to begin to knit his/her own sock and gets frustrated by my inaccurate instructions and leaves a negative comment which I'm pretty sure wouldn't happen but just in case I'm just sayin') and then purl away. I have completed the first 10 rows (at least I think I did. I created a really beautiful pattern that I didn't mean to create and will never be able to replicate but hey, who said socks should match?) and am now knitting for 7 inches. After that, I'll have to wait for another one-on-one tutorial.
Tomorrow my diocese elects (God-willing) our new bishop. I'm taking the sock to work on during the time between ballots.
If we elect on the first ballot, I will be thrilled! I trust the working of the Holy Spirit, so I believe that whoever we elect will be the right man for the job. I'm saddened that no women were on our slate, but that time will come.
We're having a Super Bowl party on Sunday! Since I'm a resident of New York, I will root for the Giants. The Patriots will probably trounce them, but as long as nobody gets hurt and everyone plays nice, all shall be well.
Stay warm, beloved readers!
RevMutha

No comments: