Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to Yoga--Class #5

I've been to a total of 4 yoga classes in my life. The first one, with my dear friend, JBB, liked to kilt me. (That's a southern expression which, translated, means "almost killed me.) The room was so hot that my yoga mat felt like a slip n slide. And the class was filled with old pros who had no trouble with the positions. They all were very flexible and meditative. Me: not so much.
The second class I went to was a very beginner class and it wasn't so hard (except for one pose that involved being upside down but I used that as an opportunity for a water break.) The third class was still pretty intense but the instructor was young and willing to answer my questions. The fourth class was with the teacher that taught the first class and it still liked to kilt me.
I was out of town all last week and didn't do any yoga. But I will go back to class at 4 p.m. today. I haven't taken a class with this instructor, Lindsay, because she is substituting for the owner who is taking a three week yoga class in the Mexican Desert. I am thinking that I might try to get more into yoga--I bought a key card that is good for 11 classes--and, if nothing else, it will give me more material for stand-up comedy routines. It is definitely time to get back on stage.
Ommm.
RevMutha

No comments: