Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yoga! Yoga! Yoga!

Meant to sound like "Toga, Toga, Toga" from "Animal House."
I did make it to the 6 a.m. class last Friday. When we entered the room, the lights were very dim. It made me want to go back to sleep. Except that there are these really hard core chicks who take this class who obviously have made yoga their way of life and are able to do all the inversions and positions and stuff that I may never do in my lifetime (not that I'm judging my yoga practice, Lindsey says not to judge but to stay in the present. whatever.)
Anyway, I got through the class but was very happy to take Saturday and Sunday off from yoga. I had a regular work-out with my trainer on Monday and then went to Lindsey's class yesterday afternoon. It was a full class but I'm starting to get the hang of some of the "flow." And Lindsay is getting the hang of my looks that say "Uh, that pose ain't happenin' quite yet.) Like crow. Where people are on their heads with their hands on either sides of their heads and their knees balanced on their elbows. Seriously. Just picture that. And, not to be picky, but I've never seen a crow do that either. But hey, as a priest, there's LOTS that I just have to take on faith...I'm just sayin'...
Tomorrow afternoon Lindsey is teaching a "restorative yoga" class. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
In terms of the whole organic/local eating stuff: husband NOT HAPPY that I spent extra money on organic tomatoes. But they sure tasted good and even my youngest daughter has begun asking for them on her sandwiches. I'll find other ways to make husband happy and continue to shop as wisely and healthfully as I can. And also remember to take the pricetags off the tomatoes.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: