Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Where did the summer go?

Well, since it's about 85 degrees, it's certainly still here...
But in terms of the days/weeks/months, it flew by.
I've been busy, busy, busy.
Spent two weeks in Anaheim, California at the General Convention of The Episcopal Church. I believe we passed some good legislation. And the daily worship fed my heart and soul. After GC, I met my wonderful hubby in Northern California to spend a few days with some fabulous friends...Great food, great company, and much needed rest. Came home, unpacked, and then picked up my little reds from three weeks at camp! I don't know who was happier--the parents or the campers! But there was much rejoicing on both sides. After a couple of weeks at home, all the family gathered at Pompanuck for a reunion week. Now we're back and I'm trying to take some time to reflect and think about Next Steps.
Whew.
I did start going to a vinyasa yoga class, thanks to my friend, Jennifer. This probably is a good spiritual discipline for me because it is not an appropriate venue to crack jokes. I have to keep my inside thoughts and comments inside. Which Is Not Easy. But at least I can share them with y'all here so stay tuned.
Still haven't been able to run because of the hip injury...I keep planning to see the doctor. Now I'll make an appointment although this blog will NOT turn into the place for me to discuss my medical problems--that'd be boring as hell and at 43 I'm not quite ready to go there.
We'll see if I can get into regularly blogging again. It was great while I was running--so maybe it can be my yoga blog. As If.
But hey, you never know.
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

drruthie said...

I totally forgot to ask you about your hip when we were together last week--you looked so fit and strong--so please forgive me for that--perhaps a few minutes of mutual commiseration might have benefited both of us.
It's so much my daily life to listen to folks complain that visiting a place where even the older-than-I-am do all manner of physical activity with nary a peep is both inspiring and a reminder of how my stepmother got to be 94.