Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday's Run

I ran first thing this morning (well, after drinking some coffee, drinking some water, and eating half of a power bar.)
I didn't go as fast as I did on Wednesday--I think I actually tried to start out too fast instead of starting slower and gradually increasing and then slowing back down. So when I run tomorrow morning, that's what I plan to do--7 to 8 minutes at a slower pace, 15 to 16 minutes at a faster pace, and then 7 to 8 minutes at a slower pace. We'll see how it goes. I still ran 2.5 miles. I tried not to look at the time on the treadmill so often and I think that helped. If the weather cooperates, I'll run outside in the morning.
Today is my baby girl's 9th birthday! I didn't plan so well in terms of timing my chirren's births--one 2 weeks after Christmas and one that usually falls in/around Holy Week and Easter. That combined with a husband's birthday on April 6. The thing is, I'm not all that good with remembering birthdays anyway. I try to let folks know on a fairly consistent basis that I love them and try to do little things for them year round cause doing big birthday parties isn't so much my thing...That said, we have never yet not had a big birthday party for our daughters. Tonight younger daughter will have 18 school friends over for a pizza/swimming party and then 8 young ladies will spend the night and go with us to see the "Hannah Montana" movie tomorrow. Thank God for an associate priest who's willing to take the evening service for me tonight. I'll join him for the Vigil tomorrow night. But this certainly makes for a long(er) weekend!
Prayers, please.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: