Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Saturday, Monday, Wednesday

Yep, gentle readers, I ran all these days. Now Saturday was very tough on account of I was bushed. Maxed out. Close to exhausted. Ready to be done. And I still had to get through an Easter Vigil (love that Exsultet but it's lots of chanting! And Eucharistic Prayer D!) and a Sunday morning Easter mass. So Saturday was more of a run with periods of walking. But Monday and Wednesday were straight running through. The amazing Rachel gave me some good advice about starting slow, gradually increasing my speed, and then doing some intervals where I push up the speed for 30 seconds or a minute. I found that I like running faster for about two or three minutes and then decreasing the speed...My goal is to be running 3 miles in 30 minutes and now I'm at about 2.75 miles but I still have a little over 4 weeks until the 5k. And since Rachel will be here to be my pace person, I know I'll be fine.
Off to LA tomorrow to preach and preside at a U2charist with a Bono impersonator. Then I go from there to Texas to spend some much needed time with my folks and the little reds. I'm ready for some heat! And grateful that my parents have a treadmill in their house because running in the Texas sun might be worse than running in Palau.
More from the West Coast!
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so excited to run with you next month! Have a blast in LA and TX. Love you and miss you