Saturday, April 4, 2009

I need some inspiration!

Yes, dear readers, I'm aware.
I haven't posted for over a week.
And my running hasn't been up to par, either.
The weather here has been questionable, as has my discipline!
I went to my Medved training on Thursday night. We did some great warm-up exercises--toe walks, heel walks, high knees, butt kicks--and then ran a mile at "conversational pace" but I wasn't quite up to making conversation--then went to the track to do 2 800s at a faster pace followed by 1 400 at shuffle pace (which I basically walked/shuffled)--repeated this, then walked 800.
I was just having a hard time pushing through!
And today the weather outside is rainy and windy.
So, back to the treadmill.
Looking ahead, I've got a crazy schedule.
This week is Holy Week.
Next week, I fly to California on Thursday and then from California to Texas on Sunday. I'll be in Texas until Friday, 4/24.
I've got to work out my own training schedule and then stick to it.
Today I'm supposed to do my "long run" of 2-4 miles which I'm psyching myself up to do and then I'll let y'all know. I can't do the Medved training for the next 3 weeks because of my church/travel schedule so I'm really thinking I need to go back to the 30 minutes of running 4x week. I have discovered that I do much better running in the morning and it's actually easier for me to do this when I'm traveling provided I have access to a fitness center (which I won't have in California--but the friend I'm staying with lives near Venice Beach and has assured me I can run on the Boardwalk.)
Y'all pray for me. I've come this far--it's time to find out what I'm really made of!
Peace,
RevMutha

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You can do it! I have my 10-mile race tomorrow...I'm getting nervous, especially because I was put in the first wave of runners (after the elite and seeded runners going for the top spots). I'll let you know how it goes! I heard some speakers today as well, very inspirational. Dick Beardsley (a famous marathoner from the 70s and 80s) battled numerous non-running related injuries and drug addiction, but still found his way back to running -- so if he can do it, so can we!

revmutha said...

Thanks, Rae. And you will kick some major 10 mile butt tomorrow. My prayers and love are with you! You can do it! You're a Gandell Girl! Knock it out of the park! We're so proud of you! After 26 miles in blazing heat, 10 miles in cherry blossoms is a piece of cake. You go, girl!