Thursday, February 4, 2010

grace

I was on the receiving end of grace last night.
Yesterday marked the 15 year anniversary of my mother's death.
I went out to dinner with this woman who I admire GREATLY. I truly am awed at God's goodness by the amazing people that I get to call friends. This woman has no sense of hubris about her multitude of accomplishments. She is who she is and tells it like it is. She's amazing. At some point during the evening, I mentioned something about my mother and she was asking me questions about her. When I shared that it was the anniversary of her death, she asked for her name. She was going to pray for her and celebrate what a wonderful woman she must have been. During the course of our laughter and conversation, it came out that both my mother and this woman were big fans of Salvatore Ferragamo shoes. My friend had actually come to St. Thomas early and had gone to a custom sandal maker. She invited me to join her this morning to go back to the sandal maker and pick up her new shoes. I can imagine that this would make my mother very happy. I also joked that I might have to also get a pair of custom made sandals as a way to honor my mother. Either that or a Mont Blanc pen. Or maybe both!
Grace.
RevMutha

1 comment:

GrammyM said...

I'm thinking your mother might like you to have both - and maybe more than 1 pair of sandals.