Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In my house?

On March 8, I'm going to be a hosting a lunch for a bishop from Africa in my house. No pressure or anything. But it has to be at my house because the next day I leave for Palau and I can't deal with the stress of it being somewhere else. I'm inviting some other movers and shakers in the diocese to join us and so far, all have accepted. I asked the woman who is coordinating his trip if he has any dietary restrictions. She said "No but he is very uncomfortable in restaurants because of the cost." So I'm guessing I need to be fairly low key.
I will have to consult with my GBF about menu.
I was thinking Southern cuisine but 2 of the guests came to my house for the Christmas Clergy party and I served Southern then. Darn.
My bishop will be attending, too, so that's cool.
I'm thinking I should be more stressed about this. But I'm not. I got the email this a.m. from the lady who is hosting the bishop's visit asking me if he could come to Rochester for the day and could we pay for the tickets from NYC. I said "Sure." Then I got on the phone inviting people to lunch. Piece of cake. Fun, really. No stress--I just think it's cool. Must be the yoga.
Off to St. Thomas, VI in the early a.m.
I'm never crazy about flying over the ocean. Since my wonderful hubby spoils me and we fly first class to Palau, it's never that bad. I think the alcohol helps. No such luck tomorrow. Oh well, it will be good experience for my trip to Africa this summer. I'll keep y'all informed. And I welcome menu suggestions for the lunch. I want it to be low key but delicious. Like me!
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: