Monday, February 8, 2010

Who Dat

This has been a long time coming!
I was born in New Orleans. I remember my mom's crush on Archie Manning when he was the Saints Quarterback. I have a fleur de lis tattoo.
You get the idea.
I am so damn happy this morning that I can hardly stand it.
Usually, I enjoy the super bowl but have no real vested interest.
Now I know how FANS feel when their team wins. Especially when their team is the underdog.
I think there was even more excitement with the Saints victory--thinking about everything that New Orleans has been through in the past 5 years--the awesome spirit of generosity and hope that Drew Brees and his wife brought into the city--it just meant a whole lot to a whole lot of people. New Orleans got a break.
Some funny quotes: "Hell has frozen over and the devil is serving hurricanes!"
I don't know about that, but I know that dis is one good ole day fo sho! Who dat say dey gonna beat dem saints? Dis here year our year! Dem Saints has done marched in so go grab another plate and another drink and laissez les bons temps roulez!
Geaux, Saints!
RevMutha

No comments: