Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Glad to run again

So I did run yesterday afternoon--well, I ran 12 1/2 minutes, walked 5 minutes, ran 12 1/2 minutes for a total of 30 minutes. I found out that eating at the Indian Buffet 30 minutes before running wasn't such a good idea. If I hadn't walked those five minutes, I might have had a big mess to clean up on the treadmill...
I got the email this morning from the Medved folks about the training class. We meet at a TRACK. OUTSIDE. At 6 p.m. And it's supposed to be 40 degrees. I will definitely dress in layers. I'm nervous and excited. I have a workout at noon today and then have to chaperone "Jumprope for Heart" at my daughters' school. I think I probably won't run today since I'll be running tomorrow night and on Friday with my trainer. I'm ready to get back into a regular schedule both for sleeping and running! I slept a bit better last night but still woke up at 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. But I was able to get back to sleep.
Again, baby steps.
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm excited for the start of your program tomorrow as well! Let me know how it goes :) Remember...when it's cold outside "cotton kills" - if you have sweat wicking shirts and bottoms you can wear, make those your bottom layers. You'll be warmer for longer.
Have fun!!