Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the joys of chocolate milk

Rachel had told me that chocolate milk was the perfect thing to drink after a workout. And I had dutifully purchased both Nestle's Quik no sugar added and Hershey's chocolate sauce to do a taste test to see which I preferred. The Nestle's Quik of my childhood won out.
But I kept forgetting to drink it after I ran!
Today, I remembered.
Ahhhh, nectar of life.
I finished my run (to music, with my new little red ipod shuffle,) stretched, and then went into the kitchen and made myself a glass of chocolate milk. It tasted great and made me feel energized.
So hopefully I can add this as a regular treat--although I won't have it in Palau because the milk there is more like evaporated milk--it's good in coffee but I don't like it just to drink or on cereal--so I think in Palau I'll be relying on some juice and half an energy bar before I run then I'll come back, shower, eat breakfast, and head to the dive boat.
Half way through week 9!
Thank you, Jesus!
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Woot Woot! Sometimes the thought of a post-run chocolate milk treat is the only thing that gets me through the end of a long run :) I forgot my ipod this morning when I went to the gym...it sucked.
That's so exciting that you have almost completed your very first training plan!