Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Up and Running in Palau!

After 6 flights and lots of hours of travel, we are happily and gratefully in Palau. It is so good to be back!
We decided not to dive yesterday since we didn't get settled into our room until close to midnight. I felt kind of bummed because since we went over the international dateline, we left Monday morning but arrived Tuesday night and I knew I needed to run. It is incredibly warm and humid here. But I got up yesterday morning, had a light breakfast, and headed to the activity center to check it out. They have two great treadmills with a beatiful view out of picture windows. The room is airconditioned, there is water and towels available, and Timothy, the staff member, was wonderfully kind and encouraging. So I went back to the room, put on my running clothes, grabbed my music and did my running. It felt GREAT! And I was whooped when I finisihed. I went back to the room, laid out my clothes to dry, slipped into my bathing suit, and then took a nice relaxing swim in the pool.
I spent the afternoon working on the sailboat (more about that later) that the Survivor folks have rented from us for the next few days. The boat looks great and I can't wait to get to go sailing. Last night we had a fabulous dinner at this little Thai place that is one of our favorites.
The internet has changed here at the hotel and now is no longer free. We have to pay by the hour and it is incredibly slow so that might alter my ability to post quite so much but my beloved husband is incredibly invested in us staying in touch with friends and family and knows I enjoy my blogging. He'll be taking lots of pictures today so hopefully I'll have some to post soon.
God is good, Palau and our friends here are like family, and we're having a great time. Now it's time to do some diving! Can't wait to see some sharks!
Peace,
RevMutha

3 comments:

GrammyM said...

Thank God for your safe arrival. I am now in Kerrville. Had lunch with Joyce and Karen and they brought me here. Ruthie looks great and is doing fairly well. I love reading your blog. Not as good as talking but fun to know you are happy and having a good time. Much love to you and David.

Rachel said...

I hope your first couple days of diving have been super awesome! Glad to know you have a nice place to run (transitioning to running in hot weather can take a few runs). Too bad the internet isn't free anymore. I'm heading to NYC this weekend, but look forward to reading more about your time in Palau.

drruthie said...

Perhaps the internet being slow is the mother goddess's way of telling you to slow down yourself and really relax? Enjoy! Love you!