Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday morning run

So today I decided to try a long run outside around the neighborhood. Hannah said she'd go with me on her bike and "encourage me." Which was really fun. I managed to run almost 3 miles in a little over 30 minutes so I felt great. Hannah would ride all around me saying things like "Way to go, Mom!" and "Be light on your feet!" and "You can do it, Mom!"
Sherry didn't send out any specific training program which is kind of what I thought she would do--maybe it will come later--she just said for the intermediate runners to try and go for an easy 20-30 minute run. So I think I'm going to continue to run for my 30 minutes at a time followed by extensive stretching until I get something more specific from her. But running in 56 degrees and beautiful sunshine this morning was perfect!
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's so great that Hannah came with you! We played the alphabet game this summer while I was running and she and Lily were riding their bikes. It's nice to have company :) Maybe she'll decide to join you for a few minutes of running by the end of your program!