Sunday, March 1, 2009

Getting geared up for week 9

Tomorrow morning I will officially begin week 9 of my 10 week training program. Each week has gotten progressively more challenging and so far I've been able to rise to the challenge. I have to believe that I can do it tomorrow, too. Run 14 minutes, walk 1 minute, repeat twice. One minute doesn't seem like a lot of recovery time and it isn't--but I can do this. Especially since next week I'll be running 30 minutes straight. Desire, Determination, Discipline. I'll run in the morning and then go do a conditioning work-out with my trainer.
Next Monday I will be running at a hotel somewhere in Houston before we board our plane to Palau (stopping in Honolulu, Guam, and Yap before landing in Koror, Palau.) Then I'll be running next Wednesday and the the week after that in Palau. I'm hoping that I can stay on my program while I'm in Palau. It's all a matter of deciding to do it and then following through. Thank God my wonderful spouse is so supportive. It might mean waking up a little (lot) earlier because the dive boat picks us up at the dock each morning at 8:30 and we have to eat breakfast and get all our stuff together before then, but it can certainly be done. If I get up at 6, eat part of a power bar and grab some coffee, hit the fitness center by 6:30, back to the room at 7:30, quick shower, pack up dive stuff...well, might need to back it up by 30 minutes...but it'll all work.
Bur first I have to get through tomorrow morning!
I'll let y'all know how it goes.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: