Friday, February 20, 2009

Almost finished with week 7!

Yes, gentle readers!
After I run tomorrow, I'll have completed week 7 of my training!
I ran with my wonderful trainer, Jenny, today. She is such a great encourager and she really motivates me by being understated--I don't know if that makes any sense but Jenny is not someone who is over the top in terms of praise--so when she gives it to me, I know she means it. Today she said she was impressed at the progress I've made in the last 6 weeks and how I've been so disciplined (yeah, I know, ME!) which is still not exactly the way I see myself--
I definitely love the way I feel after I run and I even kind of dig the times in the run when everything seems to be working well and my breathing is regulated and I'm kind of in my groove--it's an easy time for me to pray and be thankful that I'm healthy and I have an amazing stepdaughter who has motivated me to make these life changes and ask God to give me the strength and determination to stick with this...and also for this discipline to carry over into other areas of my life...
Okay, not intending to sound too preachy here...
But, for right now, it's all good.
And today, Tyler Perry's new Madea movie comes out so it's all REAL good.
I'll be seein' that on my day off Monday after I do my running!
And it's Oscar weekend!
Lawd, my heart can't hardly take it all in. Good thing I'm a runner now!
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You called yourself a runner! Yay!! I'm excited to run with you next time I'm home :)
I ate some king cake last night...and I got the baby Jesus - on the first bite! (I got it last year too)...guess I'm lucky! Love you