Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Live from the West Coast

Hello! I'm actually in California doing some prep work for General Convention. I'm still on east coast time so I've awoken bright and early to go do my running since I didn't do it yesterday. I did get dressed and ready to go running yesterday but then it was raining outside and I wasn't familiar with the neighborhood where I was staying so I decided that I'll run today, tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday. I completed week 5 of training feeling great and now I'm excited to begin week 6--today I run 9 minutes, walk 2 minutes, repeat twice, then run 8 minutes. Supposedly this hotel has a fitness center and I'm about to find out. I'll let you know.
I also may have had the teensiest bit of a hangover due to my dear friend Jim's purchasing me cocktails. After I finally arrived at his home around 8:30 p.m., Jim suggested that we go to the Abbey. I thought the Abbey was going to be a place where we said evening prayer or compline. I didn't realize it was a huge gay bar in West Hollywood.
I have much to learn, gentle readers!
Busy day today meeting with venue coordinators, rent a center people, purchasing carpet for our booth at Gen Con, all filled with excitement!
More later,
RevMutha

No comments: