Monday, February 23, 2009

week 8 begins

Yep, I finished week 7 of my training and began week 8 today!
Run 13 minutes, walk 2 minutes, repeat twice.
Piece of cake!
Okay, not really. But I wasn't gasping for breath or having ANY thoughts of imminent death, so that was cool. As always, I was drenched with sweat when I finished but it felt great. Next week I run 14 minutes, walk one minute, repeat twice, and then the next week I just run 30 minutes straight!
And I will have completed this beginning runner training program. I filled out an application for my next training program which will be the Medved Lilac 5k Group Training Program to get me ready for the Lilac 5k (I'm guessing y'all figured that out.) I've decided to be in the purple lilac group because the description is "taking the next step; building a consistent training plan" The other options were the white group ("Begin a run/walk program") but I thought that since I will have been running consistently for 3 months when this program begins, I'll not be as much of a beginner. The other option was the yellow group but the description for that one was "Increasing your speed and endurance" and that sounded like it would be more pressure than I would want. Baby steps for me, gentle reader. I'm not trying to set any records yet.
I have absolutely decided that what makes a runner is determination.
Period.
You just have to decide that it's what you want to do.
And hell yes, it's hard sometimes.
That's when it's time to toughen up.
I'm just sayin.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: