Monday, February 16, 2009

New week of training

Today is the first day of week 7.
Less recovery time this week.
Run 9 minutes, walk one minute, repeat three times.
I was concerned, gentle readers.
But it actually wasn't that bad. It seemed like I got into a rhythm fairly quickly on the second and third sets of running. The first one was the most difficult. And I worked out with my hard core trainer this morning! She made me do walking lunges and my quads felt like jello afterward. But I completed the workout and my running training without quitting.
Desire, determination, discipline. I find that the most important thing sometimes is NOT thinking about my breathing because sometimes I get concerned that I'm breathing too hard or too fast--if I concentrate on something else, my breathing becomes steady without me thinking about it. There's a sermon in there somewhere.
It's all good.
Happy Presidents' Day!
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds like the training is going really well! Keep up the great work (and keep writing about it!) Miss you :)