Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hallelujah! And Help Me Jesus!

Week 6 of training done!
And today was the easiest day of the week.
Yesterday we ran outside and the first nine minutes like to killed me.
(Southerners will understand that phrase.)
But I didn't quit. And I felt good when it was all done.
Today was much better. I think I need the distraction of music or the tv or something. I think yesterday was hard cause I was recovering from a long day of travel.
And now, gentle readers, allow me to change the subject.
I opened up the kitchen pantry yesterday and was speechless.
My pantry had been stocked with Chef Boyardee.
All I could do was stare.
My daughters walked in and took one look at me and said "Daddy did it."
And then, because I was suffering from hysterical paralysis and had lost all powers of speech, they went and got their father.
His excuse was "Well honey, you were gone for a long time!"
4 days.
4 days I'm gone and he has purchased Chef Boyardee and bologna.
It's a damn good thing I didn't die in a plane crash because who knows what kind of crap my family would be eating from now on?
I said "I went to cooking school in Italy! You don't need to EVER buy Chef Boyardee! I have shown you how easy it is to make a basic tomato sauce!"
Sigh.
Okay, on to bigger and better things:
Happy Valentine's Day to all. I'm enjoying the family and will make a lovely dinner tonight that has nothing to do with canned pasta.
I'm just sayin'
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: