Thursday, February 19, 2009

Definitely to stretch!

Oh yes, gentle readers.
Stretching is the way to go.
In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't get in my training yesterday. I've been trying to watch all the oscar nominated films (see reviews for Gran Torino and The Reader at the end of this post) and then made huevos rancheros for dinner and just decided to run today, tomorrow, and Saturday although I hope that isn't a problem running three days in a row...I don't think it will be because of the STRETCHING!
I did just like the video instructed--crossed one leg over the other, bent at the waist, and grabbed onto my toes (I fell over a couple of times until I got the balance thing down but that's okay) and held this stretch for 20 seconds and then crossed the other leg over (only fell once.) I repeated this (without falling over! I have a steep learning curve.) Then I stretched my hamstrings, quads, calves, and hips. The running really was easier. I repeated the stretches for double the amount of time after I ran. It felt good.
I had been concerned about watching "Gran Torino." I shouldn't have been. Clint Eastwood does a great job playing an irrascible old man. The movie is great. I'm not sure if it's oscar winning great, and I'd pick Mickey Rourke or Sean Penn over Clint as best actor, but it was a great movie and definitely worth seeing.
The Reader was another showcase for Kate Winslett's amazing acting abilities. She doesn't overact. There is lots of boy flesh in this picture which was a bit unsettling...I was definitely drawn in to the characters...I think I liked "Revolutionary Road" better. I'll be watching "The Visitor" and "Defiance" over the next couple of days (in addition to running) so there will be lots to read!
And, by the way, I'm asking my little reds to move all the cans of Chef Boyardee down to the basement today. I get upset every time I open my pantry and it's time to do something about it.
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I know that stretching is good for me...but I just hate doing it! I've been trying to get better though (at least with my hamstrings). Yay running!