Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 5, day 2 done/guinea pig update

The Bravo channel (one of my favorites!) shows reruns of "The West Wing" in the mornings. I love running while watching! The time flies by! I felt great when I finished this morning and actually ran a little bit more. And I increased the speed from Monday by a teeny bit to see what would happen. I survived! (Obviously or I guess I wouldn't be typing this...) I have to run again tomorrow and I have a workout this afternoon but all is well.
And I'm sure my finger will be okay where Sugar bit me yesterday. I poured hydrogen peroxide on it, wiped it with an alcohol pad, and washed it with antibacterial soap. Lily held Sugar last night and wasn't bitten. There was a bit of a mishap with Sugar on Hannah's bed. Hannah's bed is covered with small stuffed animals (which she calls her "stuffies.") Hannah loves her stuffies and all of them are named. And there are probably over 137 on her bed. Anyway, Sugar was on the bed and waddled into the stuffies. In the space of a couple of seconds, Lily couldn't tell where Sugar began and the stuffies ended. But she heard a small thud and then some squeaks and figured that Sugar had fallen behind the bed. The bed is a very heavy trundle bed.
Cue Lily's hysteria. Tears, wailing, gnashing of teeth, ululating, etc. Daddy comes running, evaluates the situation, and is able to rescue Sugar. Lily tells him he's the best daddy in the world. Which he is.
New rule: no guinea pigs on the bed with the stuffies.
I wonder how the guinea pigs would do on the treadmill?
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

My coworkers probably think I'm crazy because I'm laughing out loud while reading this post and imagining Lily's hysteria when she realized Sugar fell behind the bed. Never a dull moment.