Saturday, January 2, 2010

40 Days to personal transformation

Happy New Year!
I haven't blogged for 3 months. Haven't wanted to. Lots of travel (California and Palau,) daughter with swine flu (Dad had to deal with most of this since I was in California when it struck,) yoga, and holidays. Most enjoyable Thanksgiving with family. Feels amazing to look around my table and see those who I love so much. Left for Palau 2 days after Thanksgiving. My favorite place on earth.
So, on Monday I begin a program at my yoga studio called "40 Days to Personal Transformation." I have to attend one group session a week, 4 in studio yoga classes, and do 2 yoga classes at home on the days I don't go to the studio. I'm not sure what I want to get out of this other than enjoying self-imposed discipline. For me, that's always both challenging and rewarding since I'm my own worst enemy. It will mean rearranging some schedules and staying at the office a bit later on some days and leaving earlier on others. What I love about yoga is the intentionality. And forcing myself to be present in the moment and to stretch myself, both mentally and physically, because you only hold each pose for a handful of breaths. It's tough. Sometimes I think I hate it. But I felt the same way about running. And at the end of the class, when I come into Savanyasa, I'm a happy and relaxed little camper.
I got the little reds mats for Christmas and they will start a tween yoga class next Sunday afternoon. Beautiful stepdaughter Rachel goes to yoga with me when she's in town which is always a bonus. We'll be going in about an hour.
So I hope to blog about the next 40 days as an added discipline. We'll see how it goes.
A new decade.
Life is good.
Peace,
RevMutha

2 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I love going to yoga with you! Glad you're updating the blog, I look forward to reading about your personal revolution :)