Sunday, January 3, 2010

Revolution, not transformation

Revolution: a drastic and far-reaching change in ways of thinking and behaving.

Turns out I was wrong about the 40 days thing. It's 40 Days to Personal Revolution, not transformation.
Drastic and far-reaching. Impressive!
I went back to yoga today. We had a snowstorm in the tundra where I live and the music director was out of town and the substitute couldn't make it because the roads were too bad. So a capella singing and a shorter service which enabled me to make it to an early yoga class.
Before the class, the instructor was doing a final announcement about the 40 days program and I learned that the title was REVOLUTION. She asked if anyone in the class had already completed the 40 days program in the past. One young woman got up who did the class last year and said that her goal was to tone up and lose a few inches. Then she said that she knew it sounded cliche, but more change took place on the inside. She said she ended the program with a great sense of accomplishment and self-confidence and that it truly had changed her life.
So, dear readers, it starts tomorrow at 4. I'll let you know how it goes and how drastic and far reaching the changes are in my ways of thinking and behaving. I may be a bit skeptical. No big surprise there. But I'm also hopeful.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: