Tuesday, January 5, 2010

One down, 39 to go

My personal revolution began yesterday.
Even typing that feels somewhat ridiculous.
On account of every day can be a revolution (or at least bring revelations...)
I had gone to yoga on Saturday and Sunday and I went yesterday and will go again today. I don't think I've done yoga 4 days in a row before.
I have set some goals for this 40 day program. I want to see how a yoga practice can provide metaphors for life. I like the idea of breathing through stress, whether its physical or emotional or spiritual or whatever. In yoga, my body feels distress when I try to push it farther than it is able to go. A little stress can make me stronger. Too much stress can cause injury. My job is to find that sweet spot between the two that leads to growth and strength. If I don't push myself at all, I won't see any changes and my practice will become routine.
Okay. Enough revolution for a Tuesday.
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: