Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 3, day 2

The good news is that yesterday I heard one of the instructors say that week 2 of the 40 days program was the most difficult. I certainly hope so. I started week 3 yesterday. About 10 minutes into the yoga class I was thinking "God, get me out of here." Then I decided to let go of that thought and just concentrate on my breathing. I told myself that if I wanted to, I could leave the class. Or just take child's pose. Or I could focus on my breathing and see how my body responded to the instructor's voice.
It worked. I just breathed and let my body flow into the poses. I got out of the negative space. I quit thinking about the huge white board downstairs. I finished the class. And went home to enjoy a great evening with my family.
I'm going to my next class in 15 minutes. Every day is a new day.
I just have to breathe.
RevMutha

No comments: