Tuesday, January 12, 2010

One Day at a Time

I looked at the big board in the Breathe Yoga studio that has everybody's name on it who is doing the 40 Days program and then a big grid where they check off when we complete a daily requirement.
My goodness, that's a lot of boxes to get checked off.
I'm 20% done--8 days, 8 check marks.
But I realized that I can't spend that much time looking at it or I get freaked out and somewhat overwhelmed.
Gotta get back to the mindful breathing. Relaxing. Anchoring in the present. All the stuff that yoga is about. (And, basically, some pretty key Christian teaching--do not worry about tomorrow--let today's problems be sufficient for today...)
This week I will focus on making the most of my present moment. Tomorrow is my older daughter's birthday. Can't believe she is already 11. And she is worrying about her party that will take place Friday night. I'm telling her to enjoy the "right now" and trust that everything will go as it should Friday night.
(But I still gotta order cake and pizza.)
Peace,
RevMutha

No comments: