Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congrats, President Obama

Lord, how I have looked forward to typing those words!
The inauguration was amazing.
Absolutely amazing.
I was watching it with two clergy chick friends at a bar in Bennington, VT. We all stood together when the new President took his oath of office.
And we shed lots of tears of joy and pride. We also talked about how proud we are to be Americans and how we are looking forward to the changes that are going to come and how we need to be the change we are looking for.
Very inspirational, very beautiful.
Then we headed over to Manchester, VT to do some shopping. I found a great store that sells outdoor gear for camping, hiking, running, etc. I bought a pair of running pants, a long sleeve running shirt, and a wind jacket. I also bought a pair of hiking/running shoes that I can use to go snowshoeing tomorrow. I'm thinking about doing my training tomorrow morning and actually running outside to see how different it feels. This would accomplish two things: I could get my training in before a 4 hour drive in the car, and I could wear my new clothes and be nice and warmed up for snowshoeing. Both the other chicks are getting massages tomorrow morning so I'd have plenty of time to do this. I'll definitely eat something before I go.
Anyway, gentle readers, I'll let you know.
Congratulations, President Obama. May God bless, preserve and keep you in God's steadfast love. I will pray for you daily.
Amen!
RevMutha

No comments: