Wednesday, January 21, 2009

not so much

I got up bright and early, ate a small bowl of granola, put on my new running clothes, stepped outside, took a good, deep breath, and was promptly convinced that my lungs were going to freeze inside my body.
Then I looked at the thermometer and saw that it was 8 degrees.
Without any windchill.
Gentle readers, I realized that I was going to need MANY MORE LAYERS than I had with me.
Plus a hat.
And probably something to put over my face to breathe through.
My friends are getting their massages. I took a nice long shower and am redressed and ready to attempt snowshoeing with some borrowed outdoor gear.
I will have to do my running training this evening on the treadmill when I get home.
But rest assured I will do it.
And I will report back.
Did I mention that one of the friends who is with me has run 10 marathons? And the other is training for a half marathon.
And they are both priests.
They are also my inspirations.
Getting together with other women clergy is a Very Good Thing.
I don't have any desire to run a marathon. Like I said earlier, my goal is to complete a 5k. But you never know. And I like the idea of running with other people.
Lots of sermons in that!
Peace,
RevMutha

1 comment:

Rachel said...

When I read that you planned on running at Pomp...I was shocked. In my opinion it is one of the more difficult places to run because there are only hills and NO FLAT PARTS!! (I think caps is appropriate because whenever I think of running at pomp I'm a little terrified and a little excited) Anyway, hope you had fun snowshoeing!!