Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Day 2 Week 4-gearing up!

Gentle readers, it is snowing like a motherscratcher in upstate NY.
And dang cold to boot!
So I
will be doing my training on the treadmill today.
Again, run 7 minutes, walk 3, repeat 3 times.
I just ate my power bar. I will go home and do my training at 1 p.m. and then shower and get ready for my 2:30 p.m. meeting with the bishop to discuss his upcoming visitation to my parish.
Today my secretary presented me with a continuing ed form that needs to be filled out.
It needs to be filled out by me, apparently.
I growled at her.
I may have also bared my teeth.
I despise filling out forms.
Especially when I don't think anyone actually looks at them.
For example, every year when I see my doctor for my physical, and the form asks how much alcohol I consume, I write in "It depends on the day."
I have NEVER been questioned about this.
Maybe it's because I don't reek of booze, have red-rimmed eyes, or slur my speech at the doctor's office. But they don't see me the other 364 days 23 hrs of the year...so it seems like maybe they'd ask about it. Or at least laugh so I'd know they read it...
Anyway, this continuing ed form wants to know about formal academic coursework (yeah, right, SO not me...) and individual study (like I'm gonna write a list of freakin' books I've read and document that!) and retreat time and conferences and blah blah blah.
I'm gonna pray that my training this afternoon gives me an attitude adjustment.
Or maybe I'll just make a bunch of stuff up and put it on the form. Like, I did individual study teaching myself to play Mafia Wars on Facebook. That should count for something...
I'm just sayin'
RevMutha

No comments: