Monday, January 19, 2009

Pay off

There is definitely something to this accountability thing.
And to concentrating on "Desire, Determination, Discipline." I kept repeating those words over and over this morning.
I got up 45 minutes late and was tempted to ditch the training.
But I didn't.
I did my training, quickly bathed and got ready, and still made it to pick up my friends on time to head out of town for our retreat.
I don't normally consider myself to be a very disciplined person so I like how this is feeling.
One day at a time, Sweet Jesus...
Important note to self when I'll be running again in the morning: I need to find some kind of quick energy food or drink. I didn't eat/drink anything before I did my training and even though I completed it all, I was feeling energized but super drained when I finished. Or I just have to get up early enough to have time to eat a banana or drink something. Suggestions?
I'll run again when I get home Wednesday evening.
And y'all make sure to watch the inauguration tomorrow.
And pray for our new president and his administration and for the country that we will be willing to BE the change we want to see in the world.
I'm just sayin'
RevMutha

2 comments:

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

(deleted last comment to make an edit)

A couple things...think of me tomorrow while you're watching the inauguration because...I'LL BE THERE!!! WOOHOO!! Second, when I feel slightly hungry before a morning run, I eat half of a chewy granola bar, or 1/2 of a nature valley bar, or a 1/4 of a clif bar (or a whole mini clif bar), that puts a little bit of food in my stomach without making me feel too sick because I'm immediately bouncing up and down -- just a suggestion.

Have fun on your retreat!